Saturday 22 February 2014

 I've been silent on here for a while, I suppose because I've been thinking about my future, and my feelings about this have changed. As they should, and will continue to do. The main reason I haven't posted anything in a while is because the lovely James Bache read it (somehow) and he told me it was boring because he wasn't mentioned on it anywhere. Dickhead.

  I have just seven days of work left, my last shift in 2 years, 4 months at L'occitane, which I am feeling extremely sad about. They have been such good employers to me and I will miss the products so much!

  Of course the biggest thing ever in my life so far, the most daunting challenge I have had to undertake is going to begin on the first of April. For those who aren't aware, I will be catching a flight to Hanoi. Bache's flight doesn't get in for a good 9 hours after mine. I can picture two possibilities, a) me arriving, getting into a taxi to go to central Hanoi, being taken miles from anywhere and mugged because it was a phony taxi company, being lost, eating some pizza from a mysterious van and suddenly feeling unwell. Bache will then have to arrive, find me and sort me out. Or, option b) sitting with a large bar of toblerone anxiously watching everyone around me and reading a book for 9 hours.

  Anyway, I have a 5 month journey ahead of me then. What am I most scared about? Being with someone every moment of every day for 3 months is what I'm afraid of. I think that's understandable. When I booked this trip, I was going to be an independent girl taking the guts to go alone and grow up. Now the whole trip has changed it's image in my head. I'm relieved and excited, don't get me wrong. But I have niggling thoughts: what if we argue, what if I annoy him too much, what if we don't want to do the same things. But we'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment