Sunday 6 April 2014

I am posting from 6000km away from home, in a hotel in Hue in Vietnam on a lazy day.

So far there has been no diarrhoea and no vomit which is great news. AND my lunch today cost 68p. Suck on that.

We arrived on Wednesday, I had to wait for 9 hours for Bache at the airport, arriving at midnight English time, so I spent a lot of time sleeping hugging my bag to me at the airport. Anyway he finally arrived and we got in a taxi and went to our hostel. Hanoi is literally mental. To cross the road, you have to just go and stuff moves around you, it's terrifying.

Also there are NO rules, you give way to no one. Everyone just joins the road, and then we got to a roundabout and I thought, okay, this'll be where that rule comes into play. NO. You just JOIN the roundabout. In a massive bus.

I digress. I do not believe Hanoi is an attractive place, but it was good fun. We've done Halong Bay and got the night bus to Hue where we arrived this morning. It's calmer here, we like it. And we barely slept last night thanks to the Asian guy who snored like no other noise on the planet so we are shattered.

Off for a nap now.

No comments:

Post a Comment