Sunday 27 October 2013

Being a Class A Knob.

  It's not easy, cacking things up you know. It takes time, practise and an incredibly low amount of common sense.

  Fancy an example? Today I did the STUPIDEST thing ever.

  So I woke up at 9:30, looked at my laptop, kept checking the time on there to make sure I wasn't late. Had a shower, kept checking the time in there so I knew I wasn't over-running. Then I had breakfast, checking the clock to make sure I was on time. Then I walked to town, checking my iPod to make sure I was still on time.

  Got into town, and weirdly Boots hadn't unlocked the doors so I had to get a sandwich from Starbucks. Town was very quiet. Then I got to work, opened up, served someone some soap. Kept checking the time on the card machine to see how it was going. Then it got to 4! Hooray! So from three, I was sweeping and mopping. Then by four, I had brought in the a-board, turned the music off and was happily cashing up the till. That's when something strange happened.

  I suppose though, the real beginning of the story would be in France about a month ago. My phone didn't register the time difference when I arrived there so I had to turn it forward myself. Then one morning it woke me early and I got up and changed; when my roommates informed me I had the wrong time, and my phone had put itself forward another hour. I got back into bed fully clothed and angry.

  You see where I'm going with this don't you.

  So when I got back from France, it didn't register the time difference and I needed an alarm for work so I set it up ready to wake me. Everything had been fine for four weeks. Until today.

  Today my phone put the time back a further hour. I woke up at 8:15, got to work for 9:40 and did worked an extra hour for absolutely no reason. And the really stupid thing was thinking about all the clocks I'd looked at ALL day and I hadn't sniffed that there was anything wrong.

  I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Time to pack and skype Georgie.

No comments:

Post a Comment