Monday 7 October 2013

Day Making

  Today I watched possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen happen on the street, and I was all alone, laughing like a moron.

  This guy was walking along holding alcohol in his arms as he crossed the road. He dropped one armful of it all over the road and stared at it while cars dodged him, aware he could do nothing. He then turned too quickly and dropped his other arm of alcohol and smashed the rest of it. A sparkling BMW then drove over the shards, having not noticed them, and there was an almightly bang as the tyre went.

  It sounds funny-ish but you really had to be there.

  Anyway, it got me to thinking about how he'd simultaneously made my day at the same time as ruining his own. I watched him throw away... what? Easily 100 quid's worth of alcohol. The slump of his shoulders was quite disheartening, but at the same time I was dying trying to hold my laughter in. I thought how weird it was to have two people on two sides of the road, feeling completely opposite reactions to the same event.

  It was pretty weird to see such a contrast side by side. I guess it got me thinking about how often that happens, even when two parties can witness and experience the same event the same way and yet still come out with two different view points on what happened.

Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment