Sunday 6 October 2013

La Rosiere

Firstly, I missed an update on saying goodbye to those precious people. Before I went away I said goodbye to my gorgeous friend Georgie. From the looks of the photos of her and the answerphone messages I've received, she is having a whale of a time. (Not jealous). But missing everyone heaps. Last thing we did together was going for a farewell Wagamamas, which was incredibly lovely.

Here is a photo which depicts us having 'The Last Supper'. A bit like Jesus did, except with fewer beards and more curry sauce.

This is the last photo of Georgie and I before she left *sniff*

Then there was a night with Ollie, Barney and tachos. And while I thought these boys were sticking around, Ollie dropped the bomb on me that Barney would be leaving for Australia around 3 days after I got back from La Rosiere, so I'm hoping I'll see him once more before he goes. Crazy! This is what happened on tacho night:




Now for La Rosiere. For those who I hadn't informed, I have just spent the last week in a chalet in the Alps on a cookery/chalet hosting course. And though I had some dubious suspicions about how enjoyable my time there would be, I could not have been more wrong about the experience I was about to have.

Driving through the winding, mountainous roads and ending up at a place where this is your bedroom view can't be half bad now can it? 


Then there was a fantastic meal cooked by Gordon Ramsay's last head chef... pretty impressive huh? Fantastic cook, with a wonderfully crude and twisted sense of humour. Absolutely hilarious, always cracking us up. We were then slotted into teams who would cook together, and we were assigned our rooms. I'd say it took me and the girls Hayley and Katie, (who I was sleeping and cooking with), around about 3 hours to be close as anything.



See what I mean? Doesn't take me that long to make friends when they're as weird as I bloody am.

Anyway, we had a week of good food, good wine, good company, beautiful views, beautiful walks and lots of drinking in a hot tub looking at the stars. What's not to like? Have to say the drive home with a smacking hangover was less fun, felt a little bit sick. But it's all part of it right?

















By the end of the week, I can honestly say I've made two best friends. It seemed unlikely to find one person you'd get on with so well there, but even more unlikely that I'd find two good friends.

It was a hard week, waking up for cooking every day, drinking every night and staying up late started to affect us but I can honestly say it's been one of the most incredible experiences of my life and I'm going to miss it so much. The people were lovely and interesting, the views sublime and the whole feel was just perfect, just what I needed to get myself focused on the task now of moving out and starting my life.

To top that week, I got home and discovered my english A level remark went up by 18 marks, which means I now have an A! Thank goodness!

It has been an amazing year, when I think back to being in year 13 and dreading lessons, to where I am now, having been to Malia, the cooking course, getting myself a job, a place to live, a place at uni, a better grade, everything. Wow! I AM SO LUCKY.

Lastly, thought you'd all enjoy this. I learnt that the secret to a good pout this week is to say 'Wogan' in a sexy way. Life skill in the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment