Sunday 1 September 2013

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

  Walking home from work on Friday evening I found myself in a sort of euphoric state. I had just had drinks at the pub with some truly wonderful and wacky work colleagues, and felt particularly fantastic. When I pushed aside the fact that my eyes hurt like hell (stress problems) and work is exhausting me, I felt amazing.

  I think specifically, the infection of a genuine smile made my day. You can appreciate how great this world is by giving a huge all-teeth-american-girl-style smile to passers by. In return, you'd get the same honest smile back and the sort of glow of someone who's day had just improved. There are polite smiles but real smiles are a whole new level, how fabulous!

  Today I've been a little grumpy, and returning to this moment has just given me that little bit of umpf to get me back into a good mood. Someone said to me today, "You have such a positive look on life Poppy" and I got the biggest school-girl grin on my face. I think that's a new development you know. Something I've been taught by a person who has changed my life for the better (you know who you are), I am hugely grateful to have been given rose-tinted specs from such a young age. I think it takes a few years before we stop the teenage 'everything is shit *grunt*' approach to things. But I feel I'm past that.

  Don't get me wrong, we all have off days, and being told to cheer up when you're down is the last thing you need. However, if you start to find the best in every situation you have, come out of every relationship/experience and think to yourself, 1. What did I do wrong? (because it's a two way street folkes) that answer could be nothing though, and 2. What have I learnt to take into my next experience? You will find your soul in much better knick and happiness will be imminent. Because let's face it, it's much nicer to be happy than sad and bitter.




  I feel like I've smoked something...

  So yes! Life is fabby-loo and all that stuff. I am technically almost homeless and my room is a tip and things at work are about to kick into king stressful but I AM HAPPEEEEEEEEE!!

  BE HAPPY EVERYONE !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

No comments:

Post a Comment