Monday 9 September 2013

  I have been debating for a while whether or not to be fully honest with you all in many respects, particularly with my 'love life'. I've thought about how it's best to appear positive and happy at all times, but that goes against my belief in being true to yourself and upfront. And so heart beats mind.

  Because the truth is, I love being single, I've never had a 'proper' boyfriend like many of my friends have, and that's just how it is. I always have needed my independence. To be honest, although I am pretty laid back I think if any guy were to be my boyfriend at this point in my life, he'd have a lot of work cut out in keeping me settled and happy. I have never been the type of girl who'd be happy with a routine of seeing someone the same time each week, doing the same thing, texting constantly. It's not me, and that's what young relationships are like, it's normal. We have obsessive, all encompassing love.

 But honestly, hand on heart, I do get lonely. That's only natural. It's just a common feeling, when you watch Ross and Rachel on T.V., or a photo of someone you liked comes up on Facebook, or when people ask you: "Do you have a boyfriend?" and you say "Not at the moment, no" and they say: "Oh.. never mind." Or when I'm feeling tired or ill and all I want is to curl up with someone and sleep.

  Though it is always the times you least expect it someone amazing comes along. Now that the whole male population of Salisbury my age is leaving to go to uni I shall well and truly be not expecting I am sure. Not that I'm religious, but if baby Jesus wants to send down some totty I'd be grateful as hell.

  Bit of an honest Poppy tonight for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment