Tuesday 7 October 2014

Here's an old draft I found... 2013



Here is my post it board of stressy things. I am currently working my way through "Tidy Room" but it doesn't seem to be going well...


To commemorate our final day tomorrow, I thought I'd do one of those imaginary posts about a made up day. A typical day at South Wilts.


  "POPPY ARE YOU UP?" I groan as I here Dad yelling and realise I am devastatingly late for the 6000th time. Fucks sake.
  "Yeah" I yell convincingly back as if I've been doing yoga for 3 hours.
I know exactly what is going to happen now. I will roll over, see that it's five to eight, panic, smash into the mirror sit up and see my face, get annoyed at my face, fall out of bed, put on an outfit which is going to make me feel cool until I step out the house. No breakfast. No lunch packed. No make up.

  And am I right? Of course I am. This happens. In amongst this are texts from all the "Harnham Crew" checking if I am walking. I am in a foul mood.

  Emily arrives at my house five minutes late and we reach James who is even later. We reach Rosa who is panicking that we've walked on without her. I am grumpy. So I ignore everyone else's optimism and just complain about how shit everything is. We get to Emma at the bridge, and accurately in this time I've managed to be a bitch to each one of the walkers. So now it's Emma's turn to hear about how fucking annoyed I am.

  We get to school with seconds to spare, hold all of Rosa's stuff as she ties up her laces and wait for Emily to pull her skirt down before we walk past Stamdawg. She scolds us for being late and we all give her death looks.

  I go up to registration and manage to convince my tutor into letting me off going to assembly. 'If any higher staff come in, I'll look sad and we just tell them I was having an emotional melt down?'

  Get to my first lesson, if I have one. Basically I'm either asleep on the desk or on the common room sofa. My class civ teacher thinks I've got problems because I keep sleeping in her lessons. Really it's because I was up till 4am last night doing an essay for her.

  Try not to annoy anyone over lunch by walking into the wrong social circle... god forbid I should get the South Wilts bitch face thrown at me again. I'll eat a packet of crunchy nut from Waitrose next to Bex and Ollie and catch up on the gossip or just take ugly pictures of myself on their phones when they're in the toilet.

  Trundle through whatever my last lesson is of that day and then walk home, normally by myself. If I'm not by myself I'm going along with my iPod in and head down in case anyone else wants to walk with me. I don't think anyone else needs to handle my mock sarcasm for the rest of the day. I've learnt that if you say how you really feel but do it in a sarcky tone - people laugh.

 Arrive home to an empty house... I don't know where my parents are as per. Which means I get to watch tv and eat nutella pancakes as quick as I can before they're back.

No comments:

Post a Comment