Thursday 30 October 2014

Interiors

 Can't help but resist looking at the student houses for next year, I've been constantly thinking about interior design and what I want to do with my room next year. I love being in halls, but once you've put up a couple of posters and hung some fairy lights, there's not a whole lot else you can do to it - seeing as the furniture is glued in.

 Watching my parents move to their new country cottage and slowly pour their lavish taste into the building has really whet my appetite for the indoors. Next week when I visit I will have to take some photos of what they've begun doing to the house. Nothing inside is on trend in anyway, which makes it completely timeless. There's a real feel from my mum's side of bringing nature into the house. I'm not just talking about plant pots. I'm talking small dead branches with fairy lights woven into them, lampshades made of dried twigs. The lot.

 I would love to have a bedroom like this:


Nothing better than that shade of purple.

Not a huge minimalist fan, but I do like those bedrooms that are quite low down too, like beds on low wooden crate slats. This was an image I've kept for a while, it's a little colder than I'd like but it's a basis of a theme within the space.


Till next year I have to keep on with my room, dark wood and all. I do miss having a window without a netted curtain but it feels like home to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment