Monday 18 November 2013

The Only Way Is Up

  What a day. And what a week this will be. Yesterday I had a lovely day off, sat in the sitting room under a duvet with one Kelly twin either side of me watching film after film. Felt so good to be doing absolutely nothing.

  There have been steps forward with my gap year in the past couple of days, today I had an email from the editor of Salisbury Journal. It looks like they may have some opportunity for me... early days but all good experience. This week I will be receiving a quote from a representative of a student travel agency, telling me how much the travel will be for my chosen route. I have been stressing about how people I want to go with keep pulling out or not being able to come. So I have decided the best thing to do will be to book the flights and then it's no going back.

  I couldn't deal with the idea of being stuck at home for the whole year in Salisbury, earning money just to buy hundreds of drinks next year.

  So it's exciting! To add to that, my parents have moved into their Welsh home today and I hear they are both hugely happy, which is great news. I was worried it would be a stressful day but it seems to have gone smoothly (still glad I wasn't there to witness this for sure though).

  I have made myself a promise that my life will be extraordinary. I think it already has been to be honest. When I think of all the experiences and challenges I've faced in the past couple of years, hell, months! I feel deeply amazed that so much opportunity lies ahead of me. All the times I'm yet to have next year as well... eek!

So again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

No comments:

Post a Comment