Monday 4 November 2013

Welcome Home

  Well it's been a while since my last post. Ish. And that's because the past week has been CRAZY. This time last week I was moving out of my house, boxes and mouldy sandwiches gallore. I also forgot a rather embarrassing hidden engraving in the far corner of the floorboards under my desk, but we won't go into that.

  I am now kitted up with a double bed, fairy lights and a lovely new home with lovely people. James Kelly is, as ever, supplying his time with quips and incredibly fast come backs. Mr answer for everything. The dogs are finally accepting me, and their parents have been lovely. I feel a bit bad at the moment because they've done all the cooking and I'm a useless lump. Next wednesday will reveal all. (I've even employed James as my Sous Chef).

  My 'book' is coming along bit by bit. I like it so far. I find it very easy to fall in love with words on a page and I think I'm having an affair about my own characters. And more than anything, I've had time to reflect.

  When I left my house my parents and I were a weepy huggy mess. It was not normal. But since they've been gone I've been able to realise how much I appreciate them. I have had an happy childhood and a peaceful adolescence. Every parent's dream. I always used to think to myself whenever my parents complained or acted annoyed with me about anything, how lucky they were that they didn't have some of my friends for children. I never answer back, argue, lie, not reply, drink and drive, drive fast, sleep with everyone, etc. (I have decided I can sneak in the 'sleep with everyone' bit because we're adults now and adults are allowed to say things like that).

  I am forever grateful and am already missing them, and especially my dog, heaps.

  But right now, I have fruit tea to drink and made in chelsea to watch. And I'm wearing a hat in bed (quirky) because it's cold. Indieeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment