Tuesday 20 January 2015

Second Book

 I'm almost done with my third book now and I realised I didn't mention the second. I won't bore you with a review every week but I'll combine this with my life now, as it were.

 So I just read 'Breakfast of Champions', which was a present from brother Joz at Christmas. I should point out there that he's my brother and not a priest. Yes I could have gone back and edited that sentence but it's easier to go forwards.

 I've just sent off a first draft of an article for The Tab which is very exciting. I've asked for some work over summer, I'm getting paid marginally by Blasting News. I'm an overdraft bum, with many CVs handed out and not a lot back. I'm considering doing one of those medical thingies, where they pay you a horrendously high amount of money to swallow some pills for a week. I may become paralysed but at least I'm ground floor at St Patricks.

 Anyway, the book. Was harder to get into. My brothers always give me literature that challenges me and I find it difficult, obviously. But I did get into this one. The writer was in the story, discussing how they, the characters were his creation and he could manipulate what was happening first hand. A very odd storyline, but nonetheless exciting.

 Now I'm on to Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. I am enjoying the plummet into words. I also found out the other day that Salisbury was named by the Celts... many exciting things happening here.

 The other night I went out out with friends, and halfway through the night I thought to myself - 'you're mad' and ran home crying because I thought I was. I've concluded in consciousness that I am in fact fine, and was reacting to something someone had just said to me. But it was pretty weird at the time.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment