Friday 20 February 2015

Detoxed

 "What do you do all day there?" people ask me about being in Wales, with my parents instead of visiting friends in Salisbury.
  I read. I tell them. I read and read and read.
  I say it like I've always done it but it's a recent thing. Having been a bit behind on the '52 books for 52 weeks' thing, I've just caught up and am ready to plough through my next novel.  7 books down, 45 to go...

  The first one I read here was Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. When I saw the film version initially a few years back, I was unimpressed with it. There was too much going on, and it just looked like a badly adapted book. The book is fab.

  It made me want to throw in the towel on everything and travel, properly this time, deep into everything. Deeper than the locals would go. I want to see and do so much and it's this ticking time bomb in me. Obviously on hold until uni is over, so must concentrate on now and enjoy it while it lasts, seeing as I'm aiming to travel to learn to enjoy the here and now.

  Second book was Daughter, which was a rush-read. It's gone a bit over my head, like binge watching your favourite crime series, only to find out that it would have been better to eek out the process more. Plus the ending didn't satisfy me.

  Old family friends are staying for the next couple of days to celebrate the dad's birthdays, theirs tomorrow and ours Sunday. Then I'll be getting a train back to Reading with Fred and diving into catch up sessions and assignments. Hooray.

  Feeling refreshed... but can't shake off this god awful cough now. It bites me in the ass every time I want to sleep.

...talking of which. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment