Wednesday 1 April 2015

1st April

 A year ago today I was on a plane travelling to Vietnam. I don't know whether an hour in was when the food I was served gave me a very bad stomach *insert graphic detail here* or whether it was later. Either way, I was watching Gravity on the main screen because mine didn't work, and I saw the whole film without any of the dialogue.

 That is probably the most boring detail I could go into about that day. I do remember that I'd been incensed that I wasn't going to get an easter egg, so mum bought me one before we left and we were desperately trying to eat about five twirls before I left. Joz, my brother, rang me and said 'Turn around, wave, yep... yep I can see- that's really mean sorry I'm not actually there.'

 Mum cried when I went through the gate. I got to Vietnam and bought a packet of Walkers = 'Lays' and they were green but 'nori seaweed' flavour. That was weird. I slept on a bench for about 6 hours. What an adventure.

 Today I'm in halls by myself, having just come back from London and am going to get a train home today to see mumma and pappa Evans. If you ever wondered what it's like to live in a building with 300 doors but about 7 people, it's actually frightening. Eerie silence all the time - I've actually grown to miss the dude in the room above me who plays music at 3am and taps his feet out of time with the beat. I miss everyone heaps and heaps. Now if I hear a sound outside my room I leap up to see if it's a real person, feeling a bit like Bear Grylls going mad in the wilderness. And shock horror - diet hasn't been great.

 Just read 'The Catcher in the Rye' which was brilliant, very moany teen stuff. Bought a book yesterday which looks hilarious - Hitler wakes up in 2011 and finds the world being run by women and immigrants and he is mighty pissed off to be continually mistaken for a flawless impersonator. Can't wait to start it. Need to finish packing for home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment