Wednesday 24 July 2013

Doors

  My mum today said to my dad and I "It seems a lot of doors are closing and new ones opening for us right now." She seems to be right. But I think that's quite an abrupt way of putting it. I'm not sure anything ever really stops suddenly, apart from death. Death is pretty sudden and nasty.

...Anyway. I think the best way to look at things is as alterations, little changes which we can accommodate and react to. Today, I had a crazy moment. My boss was leaving work and she said to me, "When will I see you next?" and I said "I'm in Bristol this week, so next week?" and she looked at the timetable and said "You're on holiday next week, so I'll see you on the 11th." And it dawned on me, that after my holiday, I go into full time employment. That L'OCCITANE will no longer be my only job. I've done so many holiday cover shifts lately, it's going to be weird to go back to weekend girl again. And there we go, a sudden change but a little alteration.

  I welcome the days of baroque pencil skirts, crisp blouses and new people. I am overwhelmingly appreciative, grateful and proud of the life I have had so far and am leading. Especially I am grateful to the huge amount I have learnt over these past few months. I thought I'd learnt a lot in year 12, and honestly I'd learnt nothing. I'd seen what I didn't want to be, not what I wanted to be. Now I know what I want to be and who I want to be. What I want to do will follow, but for now I am excited to start a new type of job and a new adventure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxKjOOR9sPU

Ps. Go to the Lock Inn, it is beautiful and quirky and does amazing food. I'd forgotten how special it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment