Saturday 6 July 2013

Detox, baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYvWtGzZsj4

I know what you're thinking, where the fuck have you been? Why haven't I had my daily dosage of your useless, lukewarm, mildly entertaining drivel? Fear not, I am back. And I am very much changed.

  Now, I think whilst blogging every day is a good way to see progression in my self, it's also occasionally important to take a step back and have a wee look at what I've learnt in a period of a week or so. In this case, I feel very much better for it.



  I'm being forced to live as a complete individual at the moment, not in a bad way at all. The word 'forced' sounds rather negative, but it's not meant that way. I've got myself a new job, I shall be working 6/7 days a week commencing 8th august, which I am terrified and incredibly excited by. I'm excited to learn a new field. I've been accepted for a job which is completely different to my current job in retail, which is excellent. It'll mean I can challenge my brain in a whole new way and add some versatility to my CV (gosh I sound posh). It also looks like we may have found a flat for next year... touch wood. So my parents are thrilled to be leaving me secure and sorted. Not that they've sold the house yet, but you never know what's on the cards.

  In my relationships with different people, it's also turning into a situation where we have to take the initiative to keep our friendships going, as school's terminated. At the moment there's still that feeling of security, feeling that everything will return to normal in September. Until we pack, I don't think it's going to hit us that that's just not going to happen. Other relationships have meant that I've had to stay my own person also, which whilst I struggled with before, I am now loving the sense of being my own person.

  But anyway, 'I digress' as James Bradwell would say, the main thing I wanted to tell you about, was my new attitude to attitude and happiness. I believe two things strongly about this subject:
1. We are shaped by our decisions.
2. Happiness starts from outwards, inwards.

  Pretty simple statements, but I've started to live by them now. As I type, I am sat drinking lemon water with green tea. I've just done my yoga and exercise for the day, after having done an 8 hour work shift. I hope to keep this up for the next... ever I guess. I've been sticking to it the past few days. The way I've been going about my exercise is thinking that I should feel afterwards that I've pushed my limits and gone for better than I believe I can do. That way I see progress every day, and my muscles let me know the day after that I'm doing something good to them. And after today, when I wanted to snack, I stopped myself, had a piece of fruit and a lemon water. And you know what? I feel bloody brilliant.

(I explain at this point that lemon water flushes out toxins in our bodies and helps you to have healthier skin, which is why I'm drinking it. I'm not just being strange...)

  So happiness really does come from the outside in, maybe not always. But if I'm keeping my body happy, healthy and exercised, then I have a better chance of keeping my head that way too. So that's my advice to everyone bored and grumpy, do something that you have to force yourself to do that you know is good for you, and the rewards are huge. Everything is just how you perceive it to be. And I'm going to perceive to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment