Monday 22 July 2013

  It's funny how you find yourself progressing and learning in the most unlikely of places. I've started to be good at my job. I mean, I was always good at clearing up, I think, a bit blonde at times but hey I did what I was asked. The typical Saturday girl. Now I feel like I'm past that, and I have to be better than that. I've started to be able to sell.

  It's very unusual to find yourself finally getting somewhere at something you thought was a talent one either had or hadn't. I guess it's not that kind of thing.

  I suppose it's all part of this desire to be fully conscious of what's around oneself. My big peeve is walking through town behind lines of ignorant strollers, or dawdlers, who are oblivious to your dancing behind them in that very English manner; I'm not going to ask you to move but I am going to silently get into a state behind you until you move and I can do my British 'head-shake.' So maybe the key to much success, working with people in any way, is awareness of other people. Body language, spacial awareness, intonation.

  I'd like to be good at analysing people. I'd like to learn when people are actually kidding or when they're fake kidding but they mean it, you know how I mean?

Anyhoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment