Sunday 20 January 2013

There Will  Come A Day

There will come a day where you think of me,
A day when someone screams my name on the street.
You'll hear it and find yourself looking around you,
And when you think of me you'll think differently.

Everything that you think I am right now,
Will one day be null and void.
Because that's the day when you'll suddenly realise.
What you had with me 'fore it was destroyed.

You were looking for that somebody perfect,
Who'd change your life in one glance.
But when I was waiting under your nose,
Wondering if you'd ever take that chance.

But nobody is perfect, 
And you're not even close sweetheart.
I knew I could be a stronger person.
That's the thought I learned to believe.

There will come a day when you think of me,
You'll realise what you never had.
And for a change when you think of me then onwards,
The facts will drive you slowly mad.

I found this somewhere ages ago, and it's saved on my computer. It's kinda cute. It reminds me of those moments when you admit you're worth something. I always liked that expression: "Sometimes you don't get what you want, not because you're not worth it, but because you're worth more." I think we all have people that we know will one day realise they got you wrong. I think I have several.

I keep thinking about university and how different it's going to be. I think it's sad, how people come in and out of your lives so easily and quickly. There are so many people you used to be closer with, and when you find old messages from them it's strange. Like you're reading messages from someone dead to someone else dead. Either you're not that person anymore, neither are they, or it's just not something you could imagine them ever saying to you. Sometimes I find old messages from people and it's so uncharacteristic I wonder whether Facebook has broken what was actually said.

It scares me a bit, I'm not sure whether there's such a thing as long term friends. I don't know how long you're meant to stick around with someone, if the annoying things about them or the unpleasant things about them are worth putting up with. Everyone searches for the perfect friend, but I don't think they exist. Everyone has their FLAWS, but it's funny you never expect your friends to have FLAWS. There are moments where a friend will do something and you find yourself smiling at them thinking "I fucking love you." Sometimes when you lose a friend, I think the person you were with them sort of dies out. Or you're learning and growing up. I'd love a copy of the friend guidebook, to know what you should and shouldn't deal with, how to act and how to handle tricky situations. It's especially hard when your friend will never understand the situation from a different context, that's normally the last nail in the coffin I think. You should always see it from the other persons side. Unless of course you're looking for a reason to ditch someone, feel free to piss off in that case. (Joking obviously).  (....)

THIS IS WHY YOU MUST ALWAYS PROOF-READ.

THANK YOU KEELEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment