Tuesday 7 May 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

This is my favourite song right now. Had a lovely couple of days initiating a rather impressive British Tan, if I may say so myself. You know the kind of tan I mean, you know it's happening because with your sunglasses on your body looks really brown, and you think 'Hey well done Mr Sun!' and then you take your sunglasses off and blind yourself with whiteness. Yeah. That's my legs. But it's dark right now so they look very nice. And they're under covers which I think personally makes them look even nicer.

I love the sun. It's been such a rush having it back again, I'm happier in my own company. When it's cold and my parents go somewhere I get really low normally, but now I've been at the Vitamin D factory it's big smiles all the way.

What else... let me think of a topic. I thought of something provocative the other day, what was it...

Well that thought has gone. But I shall come up with something else before I drift. Let's see... what about emotion? Or more interestingly, love.

Maybe that was my thought the other day, what is love, and is it real and have we made it up. It doesn't seem like, as animals, we were intended to settle down and have one partner. That's my perception. You think about animals for example lobsters, (I'm taking this factual lobster stuff from Friends so I'm open to it being wrong), but they mate for life. None of them go off with any other lobsters. It just seems to me that if we were like that no one would change their mind about their partner.

And how do you know when it's time to end being with someone? Maybe you're out of love, but you can fall out of love with anyone. So should you not try? I just don't know. I wonder whether we've made up love. 'You'll just know.' Hear that a lot. You do get moments of knowing. I've had them. Mum says it's when you think about them constantly, you always want to be with them and you feel it in your stomach. Well sure, I've felt that. That's what infatuation feels like to me. I think love comes from the moment we can't express how much we like someone. I think maybe it's not love, it's a failure of language.

Let that blow your mind for a second - or mine anyway - perhaps we haven't found the vocabulary to perfectly explain the feelings we have for another person we like a lot. So maybe love is something we've made up to make ourselves feel like we've expressed it. Or maybe it's that we're not summing up the feeling enough. The trapped feeling of not being able to express yourself has been named 'love.' Who knows.

We've all been here, you've had a few shots. You're a bit merry and you're sat with your drunk friend, trying to tell them how much they mean to you and you feel like you're on the verge of tears. And you say things to each other: "I really love you...no seriously I love you so much...I love you more than anything." It's like now love has turned into a quantifiable noun that perhaps it doesn't have as much effect anymore.

My thoughts are so interesting when you magnify them. I like that.


I am going to share this photo with you because I love you very much. And despite how ugly it is it makes me snort with laughter every time I see it:


No comments:

Post a Comment