Friday 31 May 2013

This guy is going to buy these for sure, I've had an email from him about details, if anyone fancies shifting him up by a pound or two I'd be appreciative:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181150141974?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181150144753?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Well first of all, I know what you're thinking. Where have I been? Why have I not blogged in days? What exciting anecdotes do I have? Well friend, I shall tell you all.

I suppose it starts with Monday night. I had a text from the lovely Isobel Grant saying LET'S GO CAMPING!!! Which obviously was the start to a lot of excitement. So we drove to the New Forest, got lost a few times on the way but hey ho, and then we arrived and we all drove around for a while confused about where the site was and whether we were allowed to be there.

Anyhoo, we parked up and all got very excited about a number of things. Things like jelly bean popping candy, having survived following Izzy's car, having made it to the camp. Those sort of things. We set up camp but were quickly eaten alive by midges, I believe they were, which was horrendous. They were in our hair, on our face, in our clothes. Swarms of them. Here is a picture of Michelle's neck to demonstrate the damage:


I know. Ouch. I even got them under my tights all over my knees. Just my knees though, which is a bit strange. If I were a midge and I'd made it under someone's tights, I'd probably just bite a bit higher up. Or go the whole hog and aim for ankles. Anyway, tangent. Billinge managed (with ease I might add) to start up a fire which we then huddled around with hoods up praying for the sun to go down to get rid of the flies, meanwhile Izzy and a couple of others drove off and knocked on people's doors asking for bug repellent. Which was hugely appreciated.



Keeley went to have a wee and returned staring into the eyes of a couple dogging in a car. That was amusing. Apparently he looked like a pimp. But I thought, if you're going to drive out to the middle of nowhere to shag, surely you would aim for somewhere with no cars? The three of ours were parked right opposite them. Silly doggers.

Then the sun went down, and it was time to crack out sausage baps, marshmallows, cakes, gingerbread and of course, alcohol. Much to my efforts any alcohol I drank failed to do anything, which was strange considering how much of a light weight I am. Here are some photos of us by the fire:

This is a photo of Bex pulling a strange face, Joe scratching his face and Lauren looking like she's snogging Izzy. She isn't though. They were just talking. Promise.


2. Billinge cooking the sausages doing that thing he does in every photo. And Kate turning away because she didn't want a photo. Silly Kate.


3. A rather disgusting one of myself and a nice one of Michelle. Bites all over my face.


4. Emily and James. Emily looks nice. James...

...yeah.


5. A very badly taken photo of Keeley and Tom. Apparently shouting 'KEELEY AND TOM' as you take the photo isn't quite the right moment.


Later, two figures came towards us with a torch, and we were all saying things like "Oh it's the patrol!" and "We're in trouble!" Joe headed towards them to politely tell them we were all too drunk to drive home. Or as he phrased it "I was gonna split their chin." But it turned out it was just James and Emily. Bit anticlimactic. I also had a very nice chat with Izzy about our gap years and we agreed to keep in contact. I think I may even have used the phrase "This could be the start to a beautiful new friendship." Sorry Izzy.

Several wees in the forest later, I decided that the rain was a sign for me to retire. So I headed off to bed, (inflatable double bed, duvet, pillow, thermals and a onesie thank you very much), and everyone else carried on the merriment. There's something really lovely about hearing the sound of light rain on a tent when you're snuggled up inside. That's always the moment where I think that everything building up to it, the hassle of putting up the tent and getting eaten alive, is all worth it for that moment. Safe in your little cocoon. I had a very nice sleep then. Even a drunken Bex couldn't wake me as she came to bed, so we slept in until 9:30 the next morning.

The next morning there was the return of the midges. Mmmm. The rain was heavier too, so we packed up the tents and then left pretty much straight away. It was a very nice trip though, good to do something different. And I have to say, the camping was so diverting, it took me a good few hours to realise I had completely forgotten that Made In Chelsea was on the previous night, and that I could watch it on catch up. That was a nice surprise also.

I realise I've been talking for a long time now, so as a quick break here's a photo of a hamster in mid-air.


Welcome back.

So then tuesday night, my parents had jollied off to Hay on Wye in the camper to look at houses for sale, so after work I collected Evie who moved in with me for two days. Here are a couple of our experiences:

1. This is us having a nice brunch.


2. And this is us revising. Look how sad Evie is.


During this time Evie had a text from Alix asking for her 2 for 1 code for the cinema, at this we decided to go to the cinema. This resulted in spending £11.60 on pic' 'n mix, in fact there was so much that even the thought of having any made me feel sick so I didn't eat any of it. We saw the Hangover part III and though it wasn't as good as the first two, it was still very funny and the ending was perfect.

Then we had Izzy round and we watched 'Run Fatboy Run' but my DVD was scratched so we missed all of the race, which kind of defeated the point.

Here is a photo of me hurling my face towards the camera, and Evie looking shocked:


Here is an attempt from us to look 'hard:'


So that's been my few days. I've left out some information but I think you've had quite enough already. Many thanks if you've made it to this far in this post. I'm going to eat some sweets now. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment