Thursday 16 May 2013

With my first exam looming tomorrow morning, this video from James Bradwell was one I appreciated beyond words. It is 20 minutes long, but trust me the time flies as you watch it because he is a fabulous speaker and really intelligent content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wX78iKhInsc

I am not dreading tomorrow morning. I am not looking forward to tomorrow morning at the prospect of proving myself, at the prospect of getting it over with, at the prospect of achieving anything. I am looking forward to tomorrow morning because each exam represents a movement towards independence and freedom. I refuse to let all the stuff that's happened to me this week overcome my ability to gain freedom. Tomorrow is a step closer to Manchester, to city life, to new friends and a fuck load of anecdotes.

I'll drink to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment