Saturday 1 June 2013

Perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se38cIQSoIg

  This is an extraordinary documentary if you're looking for an hour of procrastination. You'd expect it to be filled with tragedy and heart break but it's just beautiful. These families are filled with hope, and they have learned to take the beauty out of an appalling situation; I think there's something to learn in that. I hope we're capable of learning it without losing loved ones.

  It's something I've been doing, whenever I feel like I need a sense of perspective on life, I'll watch or research something like this. So lately I've realised there are many events coming closer in my life which I hadn't seen clearly for what they are. And tonight I saw a different angle on some aspects of my life, in a way I hadn't before which has been a little crushing to me. Listening to the people speaking on answerphone messages about the future and giving hope to their loved ones has inspired me somewhat. I feel like I'm going to have to be strong in myself soon and it'll be a challenge but one that must be faced. Life is not about endurance, it is about experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment