Sunday 16 June 2013

Evie's 18th

  Well what a splendid day I've had. Evie's parents kindly offered 50 quid per head for 8 people at Evie's birthday meal (a target I did my hardest to meet) and so a few of us went to Prezzos. And what a meal it was. Starting with chicken wings, I ordered the VIPizza Funghi - which means supposedly very large. As I ordered it the woman looked at me and said "Really? It's pretty big..." and I narrowed my eyes in thought and said to her "I accept your challenge." Leo and Evie said they'd pay me 5 quid each if I could finish all three courses.

  I finished my 'large' pizza (though in truth it was more a different shape than much larger) before a few of the others finished their normal sized main and then asked for the chocolate fudge cake, which I admit was a risk. Chocolate fudge cake can often be rich and hard to finish at the emptiness of stomachs. But I thought, let's challenge myself here. So order it I did. By the time it got to 3 mouthfuls before success, every taste of the chocolate cake made me retch and feel like I was about to throw up. People moved away from me. It was nice. But I drank water straight from the jug, (which included drinking a fly by accident, but hey it's all protein), and finished the cake. I am now owed a tenner. Hoorah!

  The sugar kicked in which put me in a rather silly mood. I went to Spoons then with everyone and Evie and Cassie proceeded to get incredibly drunk as Cassie 'tutored' Evie through jaegar shots and glittery shots or something or other. They were smashed. They then moved me and Harry to the Slug and Lettuce, where a bunch of foreign guys walked past Evie saying things like 'Hello boobies' and 'very nice' to which I shouted back 'You wish!' (Which then proved awkward when I walked back past them later, alone. Not a good move on my part). 

Here is a photo of Evie at the Slug and Lettuce - which was a lovely pub actually.

  So there we go. Happy birthday to my best friend Miss Formhalls, who now has her very own Poppy Evans mug and penis glow stick (I am a good friend). Today was the first day I really resented being 18. Really really. Note to self - never get pregnant in February. Who would have sex in february anyway? It's cold. Silly parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment