Tuesday 31 January 2012

I'm feeling really upbeat today. Perhaps I shouldn't, but I'm not going to feel guilty about being happy. Sometimes you can be just walking with people you feel happy around, and that can be enough for you. I mean, look at today, I haven't finished my art project in for tomorrow, I have about 4 essays due in for thursday and my boyfriend rubbed his friends spit on me today. But actually it's the imperfections in my life that I love the most.

Not that I'm all set on promoting my misfortunes, I don't have any serious problems, but the little shit that happens everyday in my life keeps me happy. Bad stuff only happens so you appreciate the good stuff. You can really learn to appreciate things, whether it's the rare occasion of Mr Owen smiling, or a throwaway compliment from someone you weren't expecting one, or even just knowing your friend is going to tell you off for copying her nail varnish tomorrow. I don't know, it makes me feel ok. In a way, when anything actually goes wrong in my life, I'm sort of happy with that. Maybe it's actually being able to feel yourself progressing and learning things.

And recently, I've started to pick up on all my faults. I'm a gossip. That may as well be diagnosed. But actually, once you see these imperfections, you can put them right before they cause harm. Before one day I really have to keep a secret. And if my targets for day to day are nothing more than to evaluate and develop myself into being the person I want to be, then that's ok. The weird thing is, people generally have idols which are other people, and they look up to them. I've started to move away from that, I get too jealous of people, and I'm now looking at a perfect version of myself for progression.

Here's a list I came up with of things I need to fix, and they're things people tell me often:
1. Indoor voice
2. Pleather leggings from TK Maxx in a size larger than you are just aren't fetching.
3. Talk about myself less - it's not even funny anymore
4. Worry less about work - apart from art. Always worry about art.
5. Think less about analysing situations, you're fucked anyway.

That's all I have so far, but that'll do for today.

God I miss MIC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIxJOBb0ydw&list=PLC723B4C4326DA161&index=19&feature=plpp_video

No comments:

Post a Comment