Sunday 22 July 2012

This academic year is over. And I thought I'd write a conclusion on how my year has been, since last september.

It's been a wonderful roller coaster year since september. I said to Jessie in summer that I felt something huge was coming, life changing. That feeling didn't disappoint. I can honestly say despite the dysfunctional relationship I entered into, I had the best ever time with that boy. (Been hedging that topic all year and that's as much detail as I'm willing to enter into). I had a moment where I was at Beth's house, thinking, I have to remember how happy I am right now, and if it never happens again it's okay, because I have it right now. I miss that rush, but I've learnt a lot.

I made friends with Georgina, Rosa, Emma Clark, Emma Mackay, Charlie, George, Milo, and others I daresay, and I've loved that. I've grown super close to Ollie and Jessie, through situations. That's been amazing. I've changed a lot.

What have I learnt this year? Hmm... Okay. Not to try, although I'm still trying at that, or trying not to try... oh whatever. I've learnt that I need meat in my life, that a pay check is the best thing I could ever ask for, that I should think more about what I say, I've learnt to keep a secret, and I've learnt that making mistakes aren't always the worst thing in the world. I guess, I've learnt that it doesn't really matter what I am or who I am, because despite my evolution this year my friends have stayed with me, and I'm extremely grateful for their never ending patience.

I'm sure that a lot of my progress this year has been owed to Miss Evans, cheesy as it sounds, she's always picked me up when I've been low, and I am hugely grateful to both her and Izzy for being my rock this year, I only hope I was half as useful for Izzy, who I miss a lot and I want to see her again soon.

I've also learned how bloody rude people can be, working in skincare and serving people that have shouted at me, been rude to me and certainly asked me some strange questions. If the woman who I helped choose a perfume for on my second shift is reading this, no I am not a lesbian, I just like the men's fragrances. I've liked working.





Georgina wrote this list in my homework diary for me about our year:

Year 12 is over... here are some stats*...


  • 58 trips to waitrose (2.5 chickens were killed in the process)
  • 168 dots and crosses games
  • 15 pots of hair dye

  • 7821.8 jokes made (the 0.8 counts for yours cause they're not funny)
  • 26 hours spent grouping texts
  • 1/2 a game of rebubbled (we need to finish this)
  • 1 secret ginger uncovered
  • 1002 videos made

  • 7 make up wipes to remove my master piece

  • 74 different nail colours
  • 1 boyfriend
  • 1 ex-boyfriend
  • 1 annoying monk (<3 mother earth)
  • 66 chicken nuggets (we killed lots of chickens)

  • 1 'BEST PERIOD EVER'
(Mr Dew making fun of the Always advert)
  • 200182 tissues (you were ill for ages)
[*they're not actual I just made them up]


No comments:

Post a Comment