Tuesday 9 October 2012

I'm not going to write a massive post tonight, because I have a 1200 word essay to write and currently I'm buzzing on the high of eating half a tomato (the other half fell onto the carpet on the stairs).

Anyway, the second topic I was given to write about by Hannah was whales. Now, I'm quite happy with this topic because I always thought whales were stupid. They live in water... and yet breathe air. Now, I'm not religious at all, I believe in evolution, but if 'God' was responsible for their evolution, what the fuck was he thinking? It makes absolutely no sense to do that. What's weirder, if you think about it, is that there are no land based animals which breathe water. So why whales? And it's not just whales is it. (Is it?)

Other interesting stuff I found was that whales don't sleep for long, because they have to go and get some more air. And, they only let half of their brain sleep at a time to remember to go and breathe. Which is pretty cool, but I'm guessing their dreams are rubbish. Also, we have different writing hands because of which side of our brain we use more, so depending on which half of the brain whales let sleep does that show what hand they do stuff with?

I'm really not sure what else you can say about whales, but my brother has a thing or two to say about them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1soXVIENYk

(It's in the middle of the video)

No comments:

Post a Comment