Sunday 21 October 2012

I've spent a week waiting for inspiration to strike me to write this. I did have some on tuesday night, when I went to see this play but unfortunately it was quarter to 12 when we arrived back in Salisbury, and I grumpily went to bed instead.

So this play, was an irish history play (groan) and when the coach finally showed up late the traffic had got so bad we were running about an hour behind schedule. It was ridiculous. And then we couldn't get to the coach park because there was a diversion, so we all got off the coach and ran up the hill to get to the theatre. Evie, James and I stood purposefully next to each other so our tickets would be next to each other. Did this work out? Of course it didn't. I ended up sat next to this little kid from year 10 who kept eating haribo really loudly, and I couldn't see a bloody thing thanks to the kid with the white-boy affro sat in front of me.

There was a seat loose resting on the back of mine, so I just put my head back and fell asleep for the first act. Which was by the way AN HOUR AND A HALF. By the time we got to the interval I was suicidal. Evie and I went to get a drink, and while the bar woman wasn't looking I flung my hand into the ice bucket because I was that poor and thirsty, but she turned around and caught me and said awkwardly 'Um... help yourself to ice' oh I did. Luckily there was a seat next to James and Evie so I sat with them for the second act but it was SO BORING. This one woman, got shot in the back twice, (as in, a character in the play), and took about 10 minutes to die. She was falling around the stage going 'I'm dying. I can feel it, the blood is coming out of me' and then she started singing about Jesus.

Then, to finish off this wonderful play about irish people dying or going mad, two english soldiers turn up and go 'Oh no we've killed a woman!' *dramatic sad pause* 'LOOK! TEA!' and so they sat down and drank the dead woman's tea. This was the only appearance of englishmen. I found that pretty funny. No one else around me did.

No comments:

Post a Comment