Wednesday 12 September 2012

It's funny, I was texting someone earlier saying that I had two older brothers, and I typed out 'they're piss annoying' and then suddenly thought, no they aren't. I've always been in complete awe of them, and despite mum's best efforts to make us normal, I don't really remember there being any arguments or bickering when I was a kid with them.

Actually, there was this one time when we were on holiday, Joz was about 11 and Barney about 14, and Joz was humming. Barney said 'Joz, shut up.' There was a little pause, then Joz carried on humming. It went on like that until I came to the doorway just in time to see Barney holding Joz against the wall telling him to shut up or else. I cried, and ran down to my parents, when I came back upstairs, Barney had gone into my room, stripped all my barbies and put them in funny positions to say sorry to me. So we've never been tooooo typical I guess.



But they never really annoy me. Barney is innocuously loud and Joz is awkward beyond belief, but still it's not regular for me to hate them. People with older brothers talk about how protective they are if they ever have a love interest, but I have to say mine aren't at all. I kind of wish they were. Barney's been out 'clubbing' with my ex boyfriend. That was odd.

And now where are they? Joz is a comedian, and I'm waiting for his big break. He's been destined to do well for himself since he was at school. He's the most convincing actor you could see. He would walk on stage, and it just wouldn't be Joz anymore. It's what I spent years trying to achieve but I couldn't, think you have to just have it.

Barney, Barney is a bloody genius is what he is. Hugely intelligent man, very wise but never uses his own theories. And just like me, he tortures himself. I think anyway, it's not something I've ever said to him. I was always closer to Joz growing up but I feel like there's this line of similarity between him and I that I don't want to acknowledge to him in case it breaks.

I love my brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment