Sunday 2 September 2012





Not impressed. At all.

On a lighter note, I went to see Punk Rock last night by Just Talk Theatre Company and I really enjoyed it. For a start, I was sat behind James Kelly's parents, so I got to watch them squirming when Duncan had to grab his crotch. And there was one bit where Duncan said something to Kelly about him having thoughts about his mum or something, and Chris looked at his mum and she looked so disgusted, it was hilarious. The best bit was when James had to kiss Catt and his dad looked away. So funny. SJ, Toby, Chloe, Barney and me were sat behind them wetting ourselves. (Not literally of course, that would be weird).

But it was the first time I'd seen a production of the play, and I was really interested because we wanted to do it for our drama coursework last year but couldn't. I really liked the script, and actually I think the deterioration of William's sort of grip on life was really well done. Maybe by the script, but quite possibly more through Robin's acting. And Robin's dad was in it at the end! He was amazing!

I won't be too boring and go on and on, I know I'm a bit overly keen for plays, so I'll leave it there. But James Kelly was really really good, he played this little nerdy kid and he had this one bit where he had to tell the bully to fuck off, which was really good. And Duncan was amazing as the bully. He worked with the script really well I thought.

BYE.

No comments:

Post a Comment