Tuesday 26 February 2013

It's amazing how the world works. I mean, there I was at the beginning of the evening, whining and being petulant about being in a bad mood for nothing. What really was there to say about that? Honestly?

But there's something out there that can offer a hand when you most need it. I think it's incredible.

I went to work and had a letter which said "personal" on the front which I thought was going to be about the fact that I was homeless for my training in the middle of London. My manager and colleague were stood talking about it and Rachel says: 'I can imagine it being some random relative of yours.' we joked about it being a crazy person who has tracked me down and works for L'occitane as well, or something. I didn't open the letter till I got home.

A few years ago, I wrote a letter to my Grandmother Elizabeth. She and my dad are no longer in contact, and she sent me a vicious letter about my lovely Granddad and ended the letter which a phrase which pretty much said "Have a nice life bye bye." I was so furious I never replied, I did finally write an angry response last summer, which said that I didn't know why my dad and her fell out, he seems nice but he could've been mean, but I would never forgive her for not taking an interest in me. That I had to approach her. And I would never forgive her for bad mouthing my grandpa. I never met him, but I know my dad loved him and he is not a liar. I feel like I know him better than any of my grandparents and I never even met him.

Anyway, after I received the letter from my grandma, I had a letter written on a typewriter from Great Uncle Chris. He's 89 now. He was charming and funny, joked about him and his wife 'swallowing many pills through the course of the day.' Sadly his wife has passed away since then. I never replied to his letter. I wrote the reply on holiday in Wales, when I had been given the letter, but there was no post box around for miles so I forgot.

The letter today was from my 4th cousin once removed, she'd found me on Ancestry I think, I put an account on there ages ago and it must be linked with facebook or something for her to find my job. Which is amazing and I love technology. The letter said that Chris is unwell and that me, Dad and Grandma are his last remaining relatives. He wants to get in contact, and doesn't have long. I rang Dad to tell him because he's away and he was so happy, he always loved his Uncle. My 4th cousin once removed was hugely lovely about this man and I want to know him.

I just think it's amazing, my whole mood changed round completely. It's like the world saying it cares. It picks you up when you need it.

I just feel really grateful for everything tonight.

Here's my grandpops:

Thomas Frederick Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment