Friday 15 February 2013

So I got back from London last night. 4 days, seems so long ago now. Had the best time though. One thing which I was slightly peeved about was that I never had any time to just sit and chill out, ya know? I spent my time meeting my brothers and catching up with people which was a bit tiring. I wanted to go back to my little room in L'occitane and relax the last night but it turned into a massive hooplah. (I shall explain in a minute). So here is what I got up to in London- this time not fictional.


Sunday I drove to Southampton and caught a direct train because they were all screwed from Salisbury. Had a really really tasty breakfast in Costa across from the station, tasted like a croque monsieur, made me miss Paris (not that I've been in a while). Arrived in Waterloo and went to Hammersmith to do some costume shopping with Barney - he's hopeless. He needed to buy some shoes for himself and he said he hadn't been shopping since 'November 2011' this seemed quite believable when he picked up some weird lace ups from Primark and said "I can't remember my shoe size." He guessed a 9, which looked blatantly too small, but he couldn't be bothered to try them on. When we'd got all the t-shirts for cast, he got to the till and his shoes wouldn't scan so he said "Can I take that as fate and not buy them?" which made the little till woman seem quite nervous and confused.

Carried on trudging through the rain and shopping with Barney and my massive bag, eventually finished and went back to his flat. Finsbury park. Lovely place. This is his front door:


The inside was really pretty, just how I'd pictured it would be. Wooden floors and doors, quirky furniture. Tonnes of book shelves and fancy romantic films. He'd thrown in a couple of manly sounding films to make them look more impressive. Hot Fuzz. Fight Club. We watched some 1970s gangster film and then the Holy Grail, which has the stupidest humour and yet it's still funny. Barney cooked a veggie rice dish, very nice and it took me an entire film to finish one glass of white wine. He drank the rest of the bottle by himself and called me a shit drinker.

We went through his clothes and threw out the rubbish bits, bright blue and grey striped jumpers and t shirts that showed his nips. Stuff that had seen better days. Ultimately, he was left with about 20 black tops and 6 jumpers that looked identical. Only one knitted by my mother. Nice cuppa the next morning, had the best nights sleep. You know when you feel like you've slept for ages? mmm.

Got a lift somewhere from Barney's friend. She had red hair and she was very friendly. Got this photo by accident, I think it's nice. It was snowing as well, which was hugely exciting. It only lasted about an hour before London had melted it all, but it was exciting at the time.



I went to Waterloo and waited an hour for mum to arrive. I had an Italian baguette which had the time it was made printed on the side of it. 8:50 that very morning, and I thought 'that's a nice idea.' Good business and all that, people like to know their food is nice and healthy and fresh. Dropped my bag off and this foreign woman kept asking me if anyone had had access to my bag at all, she repeated this whole mantra of questions and I barely understood a word she said. I kept saying no till she took my bag. I did wonder whether she'd ask any questions about the knitting needles in my bag, which probably looked rather threatening on the scan.

Still had some time to kill, so I went to the Southbank. Always feels properly like home when I get there.




Met up with my mum and we went shopping for a while without me getting all emotional, I even bought a couple of bits of clothes, which is a good sign. (Mum bought me some as well). Which on reflection wasn't good for my bank account. But hey! AND we saw Helen Baxendale in Waterloo station. Normally I joke with Mum and say "That was Alan Sugar!" and she tells me to shut up because she knows I'm lying, but this time I had to be really persuasive till she followed her and agreed it was her:


After that we had lunch near Chelsea in this pancake place, and then two girls came in and I went "OH MY GOD IT'S GABRIELLA ELLIS" and Mum span round and Gabriella glared at us and then she got up with her friend and left. Oops.


Then we went shopping again. We found this shop which I think we might have been in for about an hour. It was called "Anthropology" you know those shops that sell a lifestyle? You run around picking up candles and plates that you think are pretty and by the time you get them home they look naff. Anyway, we were in this shop and they take your name and write them on the changing room doors when you try stuff on. I came out of my changing room to show Mum this top, and I got confused looking for her because she'd chosen a random name for her door:


Apparently my mother is now called Charlie.

We got the tube to Lindsay and Ivan's and she made me take a photo of her legs on the tube:


We had an amazing meal at her place and went to bed blah blah blah.

Anyway, the next day I went to training but there was a huge problem with my accommodation (not sure I'm allowed to go on about that on the internet) but basically, I had to turn up at Joz's flat and sleep there, which luckily I'd been there that evening for the first time so I knew where to go. I slept in the double with him top to toe, and Joz decides to put on 'ambience' music. 45 minutes of weird etherial noises. It was so funny.

Check my brother's blog, he's a comedian so it's funny:
http://joznorris.webs.com/apps/blog/show/23671629-happy-valentine-s-day-from-my-subconscious

Those were the highlights of London. It was so exhausting though. I'm back at home now and I really miss it there. I love London so much, it always feels like home, as soon as I'm in Waterloo everything just calms down and I feel totally calm.

Yesterday was Valentines, and for the first time I actually felt okay about it. Maybe because on the train home I got all tearful thinking about my family and everyone around me and how much I love them. I hadn't really had time to think about my family properly in those few days, didn't think about Spud at all!!! So going home I suddenly realised how important everything was.

But more importantly, I felt okay about where I am and how I am. I'm happier than I've ever been right now, I also was thinking about insecurity and everything, I realised I don't know a single person who isn't insecure. Which made me think actually, maybe most of us are actually fine. I might say embarrassing things sometimes but I'm alright, we all have low moments but we should just get on and enjoy being ourselves. Just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment