Wednesday 20 June 2012

Today was actually okay. I came out of school thinking it was a bad day, and Emma somehow sort of flipped that into mild confusion from my part and now I'm happy as larry. I am however, not very happy with my genetics. You'd think, having had an indian woman in my mother's side of the family, I'd be able to tan well and deal with temperatures quite well, they weren't that distant. Mum gets a glimmer of sun and it's like BOOM. Olive brown. I hate it, dad goes pink and now I just go halfway. I never tan. But my real problem is adapting to temperatures. I think I have bad circulation, because I went swimming in the sea last summer, and my body went red and swelled up for a bit. That was fun.

Anyway, then today, I was out in the sun for around half an hour, and by the time I got home I was shaking and feeling really sick. I literally thought I was going to throw up in the shower, so I had to sit still in front of the telly all night and miss my first choir session back, which I was actually quite sad about. We always have a good laff.

The best/most hilarious thing today, was when I was walking home with Emma, and I stopped to lean over the bridge wall, (just looking down at the water, not in a woooah-is-she-gonna-jump?! kinda way. (just f.y.i.)), and I had just been stressing about UCAS and personal statements blah blah blah and I was bent over the bridge while Emma stood watching me. Let's also remember I was wearing a tight fighting maxi dress today, so bottom was out. And I said 'I'm tired in my head, I'm tired physically, I'm tired emotionally...' and just as I finished this car drove by and honked and I yelled 'FUCK OFF!' and they shouted back 'I WOULD!' I thought Emma was going to die laughing.

But then Emma was being all philosophical and she said about the glass half full thing. She also said 'All you need to do is top the glass up with vodka' which I thought was nice. But yeah, so I started thinking about all the good things that happened to me today. Like drama, oh my god we're geniuses. You know when you do nothing all lesson, and then have to show it? We were given the task 'Essence of something...' It went from being the essence of sexism, to the essence of a salad, so things weren't going well. Eventually, I said why didn't we do a dream, we get everyone to lie down with their eyes shut and we'll make weird noises around them and play eerie music.

Miss Shingles loved this. I went round the room sprinkling water on people, and giggling while the others played piano, stamped by their heads and sang creepy fairytales. It was so funny, and the easiest way to Shingle's heart I've ever known.

And other perks to my day were that I realised I'd spent all my money, then dad gave me 70 quid that he owed me (larmer tree here I come...) I got in touch with Izzy Humbey again *yay* and I got to eat cake. And I'm actually feeling happier and happier as ideas come to me. Plus, I've written a first draft of my personal statement, spontaneously, and I feel so good for it. It's so weird when you actually do work ahead of the deadline. What's wrong withe me?!

Now enjoy my gallery to update you all on my life:


Tonight, I ate Ben and Jerrys.


Had this as a snack too. (My children are going to be fat).


Ollie looking pretty.


Today in PSD. Made up some chinese. Doesn't mean anything. The last symbol is jut a funky pie symbol.


Ha, also did this. That was funny.


Decorated Cassie's arm for solstice (although the top one went wrong and Laura did a much better sharpie coverage afterwards, so I hope that survives the rain tonight).


Mummy cuddling Chloe because she was poorly. (Georgina was sat on the sofa at this point, mum kinda strolled in holding a chicken, like you do).


Chloe falling asleep at the vets looking very suspicious.

I may edit a funny video of Georgina and me with stretched faces tomorrow, if you're lucky. (And if she doesn't see this and command me not to).

No comments:

Post a Comment