Monday 4 March 2013

I am a guest author on P's blogSPOT (tee hee).  Talking of spots, I was in a tight one today, at the dentist having a root canal filling (note to self - don't get old).  My dentist is Excellent but a man of few words - and he's sold his BMW R1100 GS, which had been our sole topic for small talk before he filled my face with utensils.  Anyway, he works v quickly and he gave me some instruction just as he and the assistant vacated the surgery at high speed in order to take an X ray.  As he left he got me to put my finger in my mouth (which I could no longer feel, nor my nose come to think of it) in order to hold a small negative in place for the X ray, then said "Don't close your mouth because I've left a file in the hole I've drilled in your tooth to see how deep it is"!!!! FFS, he showed me the file afterwards and it looks like something you would use on your car, or put in a cake for "Fingers McGrath" on D wing.  But, dear reader, I was SOOOOOO brave, drove home and watched an hour of TV preparing myself for the inevitable pain to arrive as the anaesthetic wore off.  It is now some 6 hours later and I have had virtually no pain, but don't tell my family as they have already treated me to some dark chocolate. 



Robert Evans - telling it like it is since 1956

2 comments: