Tuesday 5 March 2013

I'm amazed at myself for never having broached this subject before, I'm going to talk about negativity. It's funny, it's a concept which a lot of people are judged by and it's always been something I worry about, and I've never talked about it before, to my recollection. I hate negative people. There's always a problem, always some way of finding the bad in everything. And yet, I'm completely one of them. The humour I use is always negative exaggeration, but it's now something I factor into most of what I say and it's driving me up the walls.

Maybe it's been a huge aspect of my life because Mum always talks about how much she hates negative people, and she compensates by being all "Look at this VIEW!" But then when someone in my house is feeling low it's 'but' this and 'but' that. It's very depressing when people are like that.

It seems to be a generational thing too. We talk about how shit everything is and force our opinions on other people. Plus it's all the bitching, who doesn't like who, why she isn't very nice, how big her legs look in those jeans blah di blah. It's completely exhausting and very very boring but we do it, and once you've noticed it at sixth form it'll haunt you all the time. On the opposite side, too much positivity can be very annoying as well. If someone is always looking for the good in EVERYTHING it suppresses the frustrations and not talking about them can be very detrimental I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment