Friday 8 March 2013

Many merry returns from myself. I've had a lovely couple of days, and I have one slight problem. Yesterday evening, I went with Mum up to London to see Joz's comedy show, which was incredibly weird but very funny. Anyway, I'll admit a couple of ciders had me very giggly and happy, one the drive home I thought of something fantastic to blog about. I was tipsy, and practically asleep so of course I have no recollection of what that was. I think it was something to do with childhood and I've been desperately trying to remember, but it's gone.

SO my time in London. Turning into my favourite place more and more. I had such a perfect evening. Started in Brixton I think it was with just Mum and I, we went through these little markety areas and had a drink in a bar. It was obviously meant to be an alcoholic beverages and cocktails kind of place, but Mum took us in and asked for Tea. Then Mum looked at the wall of spirits and turned to me and said "Would you like um... a hot chocolate or something?"I had tea as well. There was an embarrassing incident where Mum knocked the table (which used to be a suitcase) and I panicked expecting the hot tea to go all over me and leapt up, everyone in the cafe started at me and the girls next to us asked if I was okay. Embarrassing event of the evening.


The cafe was so sweet though, it had suitcases on the walls holding drinks inside, colour-coded books under the counter and a giant lamp (on the right there).


This is Mum in the cafe, texting Dad. Probably something along the lines of "Having tea with Poppy in a cute cafe. Yay to life! X"

We then went along to the venue where Joz was performing, helped him get some milk and stuff for his props (which he used later as pretend semen and hit mum round the face with the sandwich bag container). Mum had bought an insane amount of food for us to eat.

I'll try and list everything:

  • 2 granary baguettes
  • Chocolate philadelphia spread
  • Chicken pieces
  • Crackers
  • Carrots sticks
  • Breadsticks
  • 3 types of humous
  • Orange juice
  • Grape juice
  • Goats cheese
  • Jarlsberg
  • Grapes
  • Cheese and onion crisps
  • Salt and vinegar crisps
  • Cherry bakewells
  • Chocolate tiffin
She also brought a wet cloth 'just in case' which we did use to be fair to her mothering techniques.



There's Ma, enjoying the food.


To give you a better sense of everything.

Then we had a drink with some of Joz's friends before the show and chatted for a while, the show then started. It was very very funny, strange but funny. I was busting for the loo at one point and I left it for ages because I was terrified that I'd get picked on. But eventually I made a run for it. There was a woman sat next to me who was laughing so loudly, she was loving it, and I could hear my brother Barney behind me doing the lighting rig laughing before the jokes came, knowing what Joz was about to say.

It was just really nice to catch up with them again and talk to some interesting people. Seeing my brother's Dad was fun as well, he was in good spirits. So it was just lovely.

Then last night I had a dream I was with Bex and Ollie and people in Nero and I wanted to get some food but I'd left my card in my new card holder at home. I then asked Ollie if I could pay him back and he gave me his card and said "My pin number is 122C4" or something and I got all stressed because there aren't letters in a pin number, and when I typed it in he had no money so I couldn't eat the food. But the lady next to me was getting three pieces of cake, so when she wasn't looking I ate it and it was very nice.

I didn't get to finish the cake because we had to leave when I argued with one of the waitresses about a previous argument, so we left. Later that night, James Kelly and Evie and I snuck back to the Nero which was now a museum so I could eat my cake, and they had to fight off people trying to stop me so I could go and finish it. The end of the dream was just me eating some chocolate cake watching the others fighting the guards.

It was very odd. I went and got some chocolate cake from Nero today because I really fancied it. I'm off to have a lovely romantic meal with Bex now. Here's Jemma stuffing 3 Jaffas into her mouth. Goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment