Wednesday 18 April 2012

Had quite an odd day, it's been very disjointed. For a start, shingles expected us to write a bloody essay with a keyboard all over our desk, then I had to try and write about two irish guys while George played 'In the Jungle' really quietly on keyboard next to me, of course shingles didn't notice. Then all the girls left before she'd finished talking and I was left confused running to meet them. Very odd.

Got back for choir, ate an awesome sandwich (but more mayonnaise was needed). Really dull stuff. Had some old year 13s tell us what we already know... went to general studies. Not sure why, bit crap. I volunteered to say something and it went badly: 'Yeah so um... over the last 40 years or so, communication has really improved so... travel ways have been done better because of the um... communication... do you have anything to add Georgina?'
'Ur... well facebook and stuff.'

So anyway, my big toe really hurts and I've been really worried it's ingrowing, but I don't know why I'd think that. I don't know the symptoms, and I stubbed it earlier (hence the pain) so it's probably naff all. And I'm so cold right now, but can't be bothered to sort it. God this is dull.

Okay, things I've mused about lately, someone's been talking to me a bit about the Odyssey, which by the way is actually amazing and I love it, and I've been wondering about Odysseus. He's a bit crap. Now, I don't know whether it's something about me that means I have to find fault with things that aren't meant to be perfect, (literature wise purely), or whether I don't like this idea that even HEROES aren't perfect. I want them to be. I know Homer was trying to keep Odysseus human(ish) but HE'S NOT A HERO. Okay, for a start, he was 'stuck' with this, completely sexy goddess for a year (oh no- Ithaca longing!) and he was like 'Oh ya know what, why don't we stay here, and actually, it would be kinda rude if I didn't shag the mildly attractive woman wouldn't it?' YOU'RE MARRIED. DICK.

And Penelope! SHE'S A BIT WEIRD. I reckon she would've hated Odysseus, because you know, young girl, about 15, had sex with her husband (probably didn't want to, he was older) then he pisses off and she has to have this son, who's completely useless, and then goes all weird and plays around with these men, but we're meant to believe she HAS to lead the suitors on? And if Homer thinks he can convince me there wasn't at least ONE cheeky shag in the 20 years her husband was gone with another man, pahahahaahahaha. That is all for tonight. Here is a photo of Jamie Laing:


mmmm.... I wonder if they sell him at his candy stores. He's certainly eye candy. (WAHEEEY PUN!)

No comments:

Post a Comment