Friday 3 February 2012

Apologies for not blogging yesterday evening, went out for a meal with some work colleagues and we ate 9 main courses between 5 people, so I wasn't quite feeling up to it. I won't be blogging tonight because I'm off to London to see this new play my brother's written.

WHICH MEANS I will actually get to do a review tomorrow morning, which I've been desperate to do. So far all I know is the play is about 2 brothers growing up, and one of them leaves and joins the army, and the other one completely crumbles without him. We laughed really hard when we heard about it, because it's basically Barney writing about him and Joz. It was even funnier when Barney cast someone else to be the part based on Joz. I spoke to Joz yesterday, he'd been to see it, and apparently you can clearly see the two of them in the writing, so I can't wait for that.

I thought because of this I'd share a couple of memories of growing up with the boys. My most clear memory of them together was when we were on holiday somewhere, and my door was open into their room, so I could hear them. Joz was singing a song, and Barney finally said 'If you don't stop singing that song I'm going to beat you up' and there was a pause, and then I heard Joz's little voice singing again. When I heard some weird noises, I went to see what had happened, and Barney had Joz up against the wall by his neck telling him to shut up. I cried so much at the time, but I bet it was a really petty fight.

Joz told mum recently that Barney used to hit him all the time as a child, which I have to say I do remember and mum got really upset, even though Joz laughed it off. If there's any older brother who doesn't hit his younger brother out there, I'm very surprised.

I can't really remember any other memory of them together, but I remember them separately. On walks with the family, (which mum made us do), Joz used to walk ahead with me and tell me stories of Arthur and the round table or whatever, and the Odyssey, which has turned out to be very handy. I would badger him the whole time for a piggyback, but he never gave me one.

Barney and I weren't so close when I was younger, but we were when I was a baby. He was a bit of a rebellious teen, so I don't blame him for us getting less close as I got older. But I have to say, I love my relationship with my brothers so much now. Popping up to London to see a play with them, or them coming down to Salisbury I have the best time. Especially when mum and dad aren't there, because that means I get the piss taken out of me less. Like last Christmas, I came downstairs and found the entire family on facebook looking at Robin's profile, before we'd even said it was official. I had the piss taken out of me for the rest of the holiday.

There's a lot more I can say, but I need to do my make up for school now.

Listen to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otPxoVQiIGo&feature=autoplay&list=PL61664A7554D238D0&lf=plpp_video&playnext=1

Ps. Barney and Joz, you walk to fast. Slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment