Saturday 18 February 2012

HELLOOOO. Sorry I didn't blog yesterday, was up in London looking at galleries and seeing plays- had such a lovely time. I wish I had more money!

Ok, so first thing's first, here are some pictures of the most amazing theatre I've ever been to. Sadly, the tickets had sold out for the show, so we couldn't see it, but the whole place was amazing. You walk down the back road of Waterloo and it's completely dead, no one around, no shops. Then you see a stage door sign, and you have to go back and walk down some stairs into what looks like a crack den. As you walk towards the stairs, (which are covered in unknown band stickers), you see through a wire mesh the tunnel where the theatre entrance is:




Everyone was queuing as if it were a club, they had metal barricades for the queue, and bouncers!! It was literally like a club. What I love about going to see theatre in London is the people who go and see it. You get people with bright blue hair and tattoos, bright red lipstick, mad clothes, all smoking in the interval of course, and they all piled out to smoke when Joz and I came in between plays. I'd never smoke, but there's something wonderfully glamorous about smoking in a graffiti covered tunnel after having watched a series of short plays. That's the life.

I couldn't take a picture of the inside, but when you came in, they had like spotlight lighting down the corridor, and the 'box office' bit was just a few tables in front of some barbed wire spelling out 'VAULT' behind them. How friggin awesome is that?!

Anyway, had an absolutely lovely day with the arty people, me, Rosa, Cat, SJ, Heather and Nell. We went to Tate Britain, where I was inspired to.... um.... well we took pictures of me looking mysterious and moody and attractive?? Okay, Tate Britain wasn't really relative to my topic 'Memorabilia' at least, not the way I want to come at it. We met a friendly ticket inspector with dreadlocks who asked us if we were italian!! I wish! Then we got into a pissy phonebox and he took pictures of us together.

We went to see the Picasso exhibition, which is cool because, ya know, it's Picasso. But, I'm sorry if Miss Evans reads this, he's shit. Heather actually found a painting where you could see numbers under the paint. Yeah, that's right. He did painting in numbers. What I don't like about him, is that the statement he was trying to make was basically, 'look at me, I'm all different and not conforming and indie.' He was doing it for the sake of it, and yeah sure, he revolutionised art from then on with his breaking boundaries, but why would you want to paint a lemon and two jars in block colour, it doesn't look nice and it serves no purpose. I didn't understand fully his motives, and I spent ages sat in his exhibition feeling frustrated with myself. Till Rosa came over and gave me a tictac and said 'that'll make you jazzy' and walked off.

SO we were desperate for lunch, draaaagged Rosa away and went to convent garden, saw some street theatre, met a monk who guessed our personalities. I'm wild, apparently. Who saw that coming? He gave us a book on meditation and shouted GORRANGO at us (which means smiles in monk language). Then someone wanted a picture of Rosa's outfit, and she looked so scared, it was hilarious. Battled past the living statues and got to a lovely cafe and had lunch:


Croque monsieur, cuppa tea and a doughnut the size of my head. That's more like it. Left feeling sick and went to the national portrait gallery, where I eye flirted with a hot guy, and this ugly girl was following him around and he kept backing away from her. He was definitely keen on us. Ha........

Got told off for touching a sculpture, Nell got told off for taking a picture, all a bit embarrassing. Then left and headed towards Tate Modern, taking lots of pictures along the way. Ended up not having time for Tate Modern, which was a shame seeing as it probably would've been relevant to my topic. Anyway, we left Nell because she was off to see Lucien Freud. Very exciting, I'm jealous. I went to camden and bought this hat:


Basically, I was alone, 16, in Camden and it was getting dark. There's only so many times you can pretend you didn't hear the words 'Alright gorgeous' I just wanted to run away screaming. I didn't, don't worry. SO. I bought the hat to make me more 'street' and actually people backed off a lot as soon as they saw me in it I was proud. 

Met up with Joz and Emily and went to wagas, felt so ill I couldn't finish my meal, and I've craved it since I left. Then went to see the two plays. First one was shit, it was 3 monologues split into each other, and they rhymed. Not cool. The girl playing the mother was amazing, she cried and everything. The other two just sort of sat there. Not a great play. At all.

Second one was about three guys trapped in a lift, which was a great concept, pretty good acting, but I feel the writing let it down a bit. It had its moments but it sagged a little in the middle, not sad enough despite the themes being very sad, one guy was making his girlfriend get an abortion and then changed his mind and another wanted to commit suicide. Hmmm... too obvious?

On a side note, Joz's house mates cat is really horny and they can't afford to get it spade, so they're just living with a horny cat. That's funny shit, someone needs to write a play with that in.

BLAHBLAHBLAH. Sorry that was super long. HAVE A NICE SATURDAY PEOPLE.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who reads this random shit, I'm amazed people are still looking at it. Unless my figures are wrong, I average about 30 a day, so I just hope I'm keeping people entertained with all this crap. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment