Friday 9 March 2012

Apologies for being useless, been a hectic couple of days. So drama performance last night was pretty much as expected, we sort of pulled it off, but not completely. The set changes weren't great and there was an awkward moment where someone forgot their line and there was an incredibly long pause. I was flipping through the script trying to save them but they got it back on track pretty sharpish, awkward though. Space needs some work, and we need to slicken it up, but I think we got the character relationships pretty good.

We also got a chance to watch everyone else's performances as well, and I have to commend the Berkoff piece with Isobel, Louis and Henry in and the rendition of Alice in Wonderland which was done by the other drama class of girlies. The Berkoff piece blew me away, it was incredible. I've never seen Isobel move like she did, she was absolutely mind blowing. She's found her style of theatre I think. Louis and Henry's motorbike was also brilliant. They made it look really easy, and they performed it excellently. I didn't take any photos of the evening, for obvious reasons, but this is the motorbike they were making in the Berkoff piece:


The Alice in Wonderland piece was done based on child abuse and stuff, and it was AWESOME. It was more of an experience than a piece of theatre, but that was a good thing. They leapt around in the audience, the scene changes were done using blinking lighting, where the white lights flashed on and off really quickly, so the whole thing had an air of horror to it. I loved the leaping into the audience and the weird physical theatre in the whole piece. Very impressive. 

Mr Evans was less impressed with the make up smeared across the walls of the toilet today though, so Jessie and I had to clear up a bit.

Today though, has been pretty good. I left the house as my raincoat from asos arrived- IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. I'm wearing it right now!


Umm... yeah ignore my face.

And in about an hour I'm being taken driving by Chris because he's just got his insurance and he's really excited. But then I told my dad I was going and he said 'This is the worst day to be a dad.' he's afraid we'll crash. I love him. But I trust Chris with my life and I have Jessie's snood so I'm happy as larry. Today Jessie said the best thing as well, I don't remember what we'd been talking about, but I said 'You can't do that!' and she said 'Yes I can. I'm Jessie fucking Whittick.' Chyeah, pretty much.


And not to make him too jealous of his brother's appearance on here, I LOVE YOU JAMES KELLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment