Friday 30 March 2012

Apologies for not blogging enough lately, been a bit manic getting to the end of term. SO. Today, I entered a VIP onto the system at work for someone who lives in America- a first for me and very exciting. You won't really understand what that means, but it's a big moment *teary* Then the next woman lived on 'duck lane' which made me chuckle, so easily pleased. Really been enjoying work lately, especially in preparation for this sunday's interview, I'm finding it more interesting and rewarding, especially targets. I'm incredibly lucky to have the job I do really, my boss is lovely and I like everyone I work with and every time I come to work the company have some more free stuff for us, it's really nice. Plus, at the end of every shift I smell super nice.

But blah blah blah, away from the boring stuff, what've I been up to? Had the social on wednesday, and it was sufficiently dull. I actually had a nap for about 10 minutes on the bench. Was very sad that I missed all the gossip, but we'll be having a behaviour assembly soon, or so I've heard. Was very sweet on the way over though, I felt like a child.

I was walking along in flip flops, with a carrier bag in one hand and a bag on my shoulder, fairy wings, a sparkly dress, holding Jessie or Ollie's hand and staring up at the sky with really wide eyes.


It was really nice to have Ollie there actually. We had a good(ish) time when dancing, although the music was pretty awful. I mean seriously, the last 15 minutes were like 20, 30 second snaps of different songs with no good bass or beat. BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER. Because this was the last song:


I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH I WENT CRAZY.

This was us at the beginning (me minus the fairy wings):

Then yesterday, I went to this play with drama, and it BLEW my mind. I know it could've been more professional, but for me it was simply amazing. The acting and script side of it was the weakest bit, but it was structured nicely, the dawning of the son's death was good.

Basically, it was about this couple of people in some kind of isolation ward because of their conditions. The woman had forgotten about her son's death, and even his original existence, and the french man had a condition which made him believe he was dead. So he helped her get her memory back, she helped him to die. It was really sweet. There was loads of acrobatics and juggling and things, it was beautifully done. They also had this interactive screen which when they touched or swiped would do different things. There was one total epiphany for me, where the guy was saying about dying before physically dying. Like a pendulum going side to side, but it's not alive, it's just mechanics. I was sat in the audience going OH MY GOD I'D NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT.


(There were only 2 performers, this is a manipulated shot) 



They also had this really cool mobile thing, with a metal circle around the outside and long cylinders that lit up hanging on strings around it, which she swung around as a sort of metaphor for her unlocking memories.

On a sad note, James Kelly is going away for a week and I might cry. Today he mentioned it and I looked all sad (I was acting) and I said 'You're my only friend' and he said 'No I'm not.' and I said 'Yes you are, I'm alone for a week' but I'll just have to see Georgina instead, she's my substitute friend. 

Today I’m talking about Evie. We have been friends since year 7, we clicked straightaway. Someone recently asked whether Evie and I were in the emo or the girly girl clique in year 9N wars, and I said that her and I were more ‘Ooh look at that rainbow...’ we spent our secondary lives oblivious to anyone else and caught up in our weird cuddly relationship. Actually, Evie was my first proper kiss on the lips. When we drifted, I never imagined we’d be so close again. She’s my closest school friend, I spend all my time with her. We just seem to know how to operate around one another, opposite but also exactly the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment